Grilled Steak Tacos with with red onion, avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco are great for Taco Tuesday or any day! Serve with Chimichurri Sauce for an extra boost of flavor!
Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday, our favorite day of the week. We want to make sure you are ready to celebrate Taco Tuesday, so today we are sharing this awesome recipe for Grilled Steak Tacos. This is Josh’s favorite taco recipe. He says they are the BEST!
How to Make Steak Tacos
- Use flank steak. It is a lean cut of beef and is best when cooked to medium rare and thinly sliced, making it perfect for tacos.
- Only marinate the steak in lime juice for 30 minutes or the steak will get mushy. This is a quick and easy recipe, you don’t have to marinate the steak for hours.
- The chili lime rub is easy to prepare and uses ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
- Grill the steak at high heat.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing so you don’t lose all of the juice and flavor.
- Cut the steak across the grain. It will be tough and chewy unless you cut it across the grain to break up the muscle fibers.
- Serve the tacos with your favorite toppings. We use red onion, avocado slices, cilantro, and queso fresco. Steak tacos are also REALLY good with Chimichurri Sauce! Drizzle on top for a burst of flavor!
Boom! Are you ready to grill some tacos? If you can’t wait until Tuesday, I completely understand. Tacos are welcome any day of the week!
These Grilled Chili Lime Steak Tacos are always a hit at our house and make a great summer meal. Eat them outside on the patio and they will taste even better:) Enjoy!
More Taco Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Turkey Tacos
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Vegetarian Tacos
- Fish Tacos