Raspberry Almond Ricotta Cake- tender, moist ricotta cake dotted with fresh raspberries and topped with sliced almonds and confectioner’s sugar. This elegant cake is easy to make and can be served for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
I am SO excited to share this Raspberry Almond Ricotta Cake recipe with you because it is one of the best cakes EVER. Yeah, that is a big statement because I love a good cake, but it’s true. This one is a WINNER!
So let me tell you why this cake is so amazing. It’s:
- super simple to make (you don’t even need a mixer)
- tender and moist (thank you ricotta cheese)
- dotted with juicy red raspberries
- flavor is perfection! (almond and raspberries are a match made in heaven)
You can serve this beautiful cake for dessert or even breakfast or brunch! It is perfect for baby showers, bridal showers, Easter, a summer picnic, a birthday celebration, or any day!
I guarantee you are going to LOVE this ricotta cake recipe. It is definitely a favorite at our house!
Table of Contents
- Cake Ingredients
- How to Make Ricotta Cake
- How to Store
- More Cake Recipes
- Raspberry Almond Ricotta Cake Recipe
The ingredients are simple and if you are a little hesitant about using ricotta cheese in a cake, don’t be! It gives the cake the best texture and flavor.
- Flour– use regular all-purpose flour!
- Sugar– granulated white sugar to sweeten the cake!
- Baking powder– check the date and make sure it is fresh. I buy new baking powder every six months.
- Salt– to enhance all of the flavors.
- Ricotta cheese– the secret to make the cake super moist and tender. Use whole fat ricotta cheese so the cake is nice and rich.
- Eggs– make sure your eggs are at room temperature!
- Vanilla extract– always!
- Almond extract– it adds the perfect almond flavor! Don’t skip it!
- Butter– use unsalted butter that is melted and slightly cooled.
- Raspberries– you can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Turbinado sugar– to add a sweet crunch to the top of the cake!
- Sliced almonds– to sprinkle on top of the cake!
- Confectioner’s sugar– optional, but it makes the cake extra pretty!
How to Make Ricotta Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Gradually add in the melted butter, whisking until combined and smooth.
- Add the ricotta mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined. Don’t over mix. Gently fold in the raspberries, being careful not to over mix or the batter will turn pink. It’s ok if you get a few streaks of pink.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan generously with nonstick cooking spray. Scrape the batter evenly into the pan and sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar and sliced almonds.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then carefully remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Dust the cake with confectioner’s sugar, if desired. Cut the cake into slices and serve!
How to Store
Let the cake cool completely. Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. It will get moister as it sits. If you live in a hot and humid climate, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let the cake come to room temperature before serving.
You can also freeze the cake for up to 2 months. Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap and then cover in aluminum foil. You can freeze the whole cake or individual slices. Thaw before serving.
More Cake Recipes
- Strawberry Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Oatmeal Cake
- Banana Bundt Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake