Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies-chocolate chip cookies covered in bright and colorful sprinkles. These cookies are perfect for birthdays, parties, or any day!
Our boys LOVE sprinkles. They will eat anything if there are sprinkles on top. I may try putting sprinkles on vegetables, ha! I love sprinkles too. Who doesn’t? They are bright, fun, and happy!
Whenever I ask the boys what cookies I should bake, 9 out of 10 times they yell, “Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies.” They LOVE these sprinkle cookies! I don’t blame them, they are SO fun and SO delicious! Chocolate chip cookies with colorful sprinkles? Count me in!
For this recipe, I like to use rainbow sprinkles, but you can use your favorite sprinkles. Feel free to mix it up! Have fun with it!
You can use holiday colors, sports team colors, bridal shower or baby shower colors, wedding colors, etc. The options are endless.
How to Make
Basically, I mix up a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough and stir in lots of colorful sprinkles. It’s that easy! I also roll the cookies in sprinkles before putting them in the oven to make sure there are LOTS of sprinkles. Warning, you might find sprinkles on your kitchen floor for a few days, but I promise it’s worth it:)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the sprinkles. Stir carefully so you don’t smash up the sprinkles.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Roll the cookies in the remaining sprinkles, covering the entire cookie dough ball. This is the fun part! You can even let the kids help, if you don’t mind a little mess:)
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt, a must if you ask me:)
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
How to Store
The sprinkle chocolate chip cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the cookies for up to one month.
If you want to freeze the cookie dough, roll the cookies into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until the cookies are solid. Transfer the cookie dough balls to a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer, place on a baking sheet, and bake! You don’t have to defrost the cookie dough, just add a few additional minutes to the baking time.
Perfect for Any Celebration
The chocolate chip cookies are PERFECTION! The addition of sprinkles made the cookies extra special. They are SO fun! These cookies are perfect for birthdays, parties, or any celebration. You can even use the cookies to make ice cream sandwiches, such a fun summer treat!
Make a batch of Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can’t eat one of these cookies without smiling. They are our happy cookies. They are fun to make and fun to eat! We hope you enjoy them too!
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- M&M Cookies