Cadbury Egg Blondies- chewy, buttery blondies made with Cadbury Mini Eggs, chocolate chips, and coconut. The perfect easy dessert for spring and Easter.
Easter candy is my favorite candy, especially Cadbury Mini Eggs. The pretty pastel chocolate eggs with a thin candy shell are pure deliciousness! I buy several bags so I can eat them by the handful and make my Cadbury Egg Cookies. They are the BEST cookies!
Whenever I am feeling lazy or don’t have time to make cookies, I love making blondies. And during the springtime, I go with my Cadbury Egg Blondies. They are similar to my Cadbury Egg Cookies, but baked in ONE pan.
The blondies are rich, buttery, chewy, and super sweet, thanks to the Cadbury Mini Eggs, chocolate chips, and coconut. I like to put extra chopped up eggs on top to make the blondies extra pretty. Finish with flaky sea salt and you have the BEST spring blondies!
They are the perfect dessert to take to Easter dinner, a spring party, or potluck. I also love making them just because. I am always in the mood for those little Cadbury eggs.
Make sure you stock up on SEVERAL bags now! Pro tip-hide a few bags in the freezer. You will thank me later.
Table of Contents
- How to Make Cadbury Blondies
- How to Store
- More Spring Dessert Recipes
- Cadbury Blondies Recipe
- All-purpose flour– fluff, spoon, and level!
- Baking powder & baking soda– to give the blondies a rise in the oven!
- Salt– I use kosher salt.
- Unsalted butter– at room temperature.
- Sugar– brown sugar and granulated sugar! Always pack brown sugar when measuring.
- Eggs– use large eggs for baking!
- Vanilla extract– always use pure vanilla extract.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs– the BEST Easter candy ever!! The pastel eggs make the blondies so pretty and delicious.
- Chocolate chips or chunks– I like semi-sweet, but use your favorite chocolate.
- Shredded coconut– I use sweetened coconut. If you want to toast the coconut, go for it!
How to Make Cadbury Blondies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside. You can line the pan with parchment paper, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add both sugars and beat for an additional 2 minutes, or until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- To chop up the Cadbury Mini Eggs, I recommend putting them in a Ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin to briefly chop them up. Don’t get too carried away, you don’t want them to be completely smashed. You can use a sharp knife to chop them, but be careful because they roll around.
- Stir in the Cadbury eggs, chocolate chips or chunks, and coconut. Go ahead and taste the dough. It’s SO good!
- Use a spatula to scrape the blondie batter into the prepared pan. To make the blondies extra pretty, you can gently press additional Cadbury mini eggs on top of the blondie batter. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. The blondies should pull away from the sides of the pan a little and the top should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the blondies cool completely before cutting into squares.
How to Store
Store the cooled blondies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. If your pan has a lid, you can also keep them in the pan, covered.
The blondies also freeze beautifully. Freeze in a freezer bag or container for up to 2 months.
More Spring Dessert Recipes
- Cadbury Egg Cookies
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Lemon Bars
- Carrot Cake Loaf
- Coconut Macaroons
- Flourless Chocolate Cake