Sheet pan Chicken Fajitas are the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner! This flavorful fajita recipe combines marinated chicken, peppers, onion, and a mix of seasonings. It is a family favorite!
Homemade Chicken Fajitas
Fajitas are one of our all-time favorite Mexican meals. We love ordering sizzling fajitas when we go out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant, but since we don’t go out to eat that much, we decided to bring the fajita party home!
These homemade Chicken Fajitas are easy to make in your own kitchen and much better than any restaurant fajitas because they are healthy and SO delicious! Plus, you only need ONE pan. Clean up is a breeze and you can top the fajitas with all of your favorite toppings. This is a fun and delicious meal!
Chicken Fajita Marinade
To make the perfect chicken fajitas you need to start with a good chicken marinade. For this marinade, you will need:
- pineapple juice
- lime zest and juice
- olive oil
You will also need to add the classic fajita spices:
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- smoked paprika
This marinade is loaded with flavor and keeps the chicken tender and juicy. The pineapple juice is a game changer, it adds a nice sweetness and flavor.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas
You are going to LOVE this chicken fajita recipe because you make the fajitas in the oven on ONE big sheet pan!
- First, marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least one hour. You can marinate it overnight, so this is a good meal prep recipe. You can have it prepped and ready to go! When the chicken is ready, the fajitas only take 20 minutes make.
- While the chicken is marinating, you can cut the peppers and onions into strips.
- To make the fajitas, put the chicken and vegetables on one large sheet pan. If you want to make the clean up even easier, you can line the pan with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken and vegetables for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Put the pan back into the oven on the top rack and broil for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly charred and the chicken is cooked through. Don’t skip the broiling step, it will give the fajitas that sizzling flavor.
- When the chicken and vegetables are done, you can char your tortillas right in the oven. We like to use corn tortillas, but if flour are your favorite you can use flour tortillas.
What Do You Serve With Chicken Fajitas?
Loading up chicken fajitas is all part of the fun and makes them extra tasty! Some of our favorite toppings and sides include:
- shredded cheese
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- pico de gallo
- shredded lettuce
- black beans or refried beans
- Mexican rice
- cilantro lime rice
- best bean dip
Go crazy and let your family and friends build their own fajitas! This is a fun meal to make and eat!
More Mexican Recipes
- Vegetarian Fajitas
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Steak Fajitas
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Baked Chicken Taquitos