Serve Burrata with Tomatoes, Basil Pesto, and Garlic toasts at your next summer party! This simple summer appetizer is always a crowd pleaser!
I love summer entertaining and Burrata with Tomatoes & Pesto with garlic toasts is one of my favorite appetizers to serve to friends and family. It is simple to put together and screams summer!
If you haven’t had burrata cheese, you are in for a real treat. It is soft, creamy, and so luxurious. It pairs perfectly with fresh tomatoes and basil pesto. Serve crispy garlic toasts on the side and your guests will be amazed!
And the best part? This summer appetizer is SO easy to put together, but looks very gourmet!
How to Make Garlic Toasts
I love serving garlic toasts on the side. They are perfect for scooping up the creamy burrata and spooning tomatoes and pesto on top!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. With a bread knife, slice the bread into 1-inch thick slices. Drizzle the bread with the olive oil on both sides and place slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Toast the bread for 10 minutes, flipping bread halfway through, or until both sides are golden.
- Remove the bread from the oven and rub the garlic cloves over the top of the toasts to infuse garlic flavor. The garlic will seep into the warm bread creating the most delicious little garlic breads!
- If you don’t want to heat up the house, you can also grill the bread.
I love using fresh garden tomatoes for this recipe. When tomatoes are at their peak, this recipe is at it’s peak! I drizzle them with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
I also love using basil from the garden to make pesto. This spinach basil pesto recipe is my favorite and I always make several batches during the summertime when we have an abundance of basil. It freezes well and I always keep some in the freezer, which makes this recipes so easy!
How to Assemble
Once you have the garlic toasts made, the tomatoes halved, the pesto stirred , and the burrata, it is time to assemble!
- Place the burrata on a platter or serving dish. If you can’t find burrata, you can use fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon the tomatoes around the burrata.
- Drizzle pesto over the burrata and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish the tomatoes with fresh basil. Arrange the bread slices around the cheese and tomatoes and serve.
More Easy Summer Appetizers
- Summer Caprese Salad
- Grilled Peaches with Burrata, Honey, & Pistachios
- Tomato Peach Burrata Salad
- Tomato Avocado and Burrata Flatbread