Grilled peaches, burrata, honey, and pistachios are served along side crusty grilled bread to make the ultimate summer appetizer!
Perfect Summer Appetizer
Just look at this GORGEOUSNESS! Can you even handle it? Grilled Peaches with Burrata, Honey, and Pistachios served with grilled crusty bread makes the BEST summer appetizer or snack. It is a show stopper! Every time I make this spread for parties people go bananas…or maybe they go peaches..ha! They LOVE this easy appetizer and I love making it because it is EASY! I promise, pinky swear!
How to Grill Bread
Grilled bread is a glorious thing and it only takes a few minutes to make. Make sure you start with a good crusty bread from the bakery. I like to use an Italian or French loaf. If you don’t have an outdoor grill, don’t worry, you can make grilled bread on a grill pan. Grilling the bread ups the flavor and makes it crusty, making it the perfect base for the grilled peaches and burrata.
- Use a bread knife to slice the bread into 3/4″ slices. Gently oil or butter both sides of the bread.
- Heat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place bread slices on the hot grill and cook until grill marks form and the bread slices are lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs or a spatula, turn the slices over and cook them on the other side until grill marks form, another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with sea salt.
How to Grill Peaches
Summer peaches are DE-VINE! Put them on the grill and the deliciousness is taken to a whole new level! Grilled peaches are such a treat! To grill peaches:
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush the cut side of the peach halves with oil and place on the grill for 4 minutes or until grill marks appear and the fruit starts to caramelize.
- Use a pair of tongs to remove the peaches from the grill. Let the peaches cool for a few minutes or until they are cool enough to handle. Use a sharp knife to slice the grilled peaches.
Assembling the Platter
I love making a good food board or platter for parties and this one is a summer favorite! Start with a large wood board, platter, or even a large plate. It doesn’t have to be fancy. The food is the fancy part:) To assemble the spread:
- Place the buratta balls on the platter. I like to use 3 (4 oz) balls.
- Arrange the grilled peach slices around the burrata.
- Place the grilled bread slices around the peaches and burrata.
- Add fresh mint. If you don’t care for mint, basil would also be good.
- Drizzle honey over the peaches and burrata.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
You can have your guests build their own grilled peach burrata crostini. Make sure you add a knife to the platter so they can easily cut into the creamy burrata.
More Summer Appetizers:
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas
- Tomato, Avocado, and Burrata Flatbread
- Caprese Garlic Bread