Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta-this simple pasta dish has a creamy red pepper sauce and is made with mostly pantry ingredients. It is the perfect weeknight meal!
I love this super simple Roasted Red Pepper Pasta recipe! It doesn’t have a ton of ingredients, and most of them can be stored in the pantry. It’s the perfect weeknight meal because it only takes about 20 minutes to make and the flavors are incredible!
This pasta is a regular at our house and I think it will be on regular rotation at your house too. Once you try it, you will be hooked! It’s one of those meals that you can make over and over again because it is so simple and SO delicious!
This is a really great pantry recipe. It’s a good one to plan for the end of the week because the ingredients store so well!
- Rigatoni pasta (or any kind of pasta you like!)
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- A jar of roasted red peppers (the star of the recipe)
- Salt and black pepper
- Heavy cream
- Garnishes-fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes! Optional, but SO good!
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This pasta is SUPER simple to make! Snap your fingers and dinner is basically done!
- Start with salty water! Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it’s al dente. Keep ½ cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- While the pasta is doing it’s thing, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with a splash of olive oil. Add the onion and cook it for about 5 minutes, giving it the occasional stir. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pull out your jar of red peppers (drained!) and put them in a blender. Add the cooked onion and garlic along with the reserved pasta water. I put in a shake or salt and pepper at this point, too! Blend until this whole mix is smooth.
- Put the pasta back in the pot and pour the roasted red pepper sauce over the top. Give it a good stir to coat the noodles evenly. I love this step–everything looks and smells so good!
- Add in heavy cream and stir until the sauce is creamy and the noodles are coated. You can turn the stove back on low at this point to heat it just until the sauce is warmed.
- Serve and enjoy! I like to top my Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Parmesan cheese, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
We REALLY love an Italian night in our house! Whenever I make pasta for dinner I’ll do one or two of these sides dishes.
- Garlic Bread
- Caprese Salad
- Easy Green Salad
- Simple Skillet Green Beans
- Roasted Broccoli
More Pasta Recipes
- Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta
- Pasta Primavera
- Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Spinach Pistachio Pesto Pasta
- Pasta Fagioli
- 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta
- Pasta Pomodoro