Almond Joy Energy Balls-chocolate, coconut, and almond come together to create a delicious and nutritious bite-sized snack! If you love Almond Joy candy bars, you will love these healthy little energy bites!
Almond Joy Energy Balls
I love a good energy ball…or energy bite, protein ball, power ball, protein popper, whatever you want to call these bite-sized little treats! I make them ALL of the time, my chocolate peanut butter and pumpkin energy balls are two favorites. I love trying new flavors all of the time and my current favorite flavor is Almond Joy.
To be honest, I was never an Almond Joy fan when I was a kid. If I got an Almond Joy candy bar in my Halloween candy, I BEGGED my brother and sister to trade me for Reese’s or Twix. I just wasn’t a fan. Now, I LOVE chocolate, almond, and coconut together. The combo is amazing! I still don’t eat the candy bars, instead I make Almond Joy Energy Balls, they are MUCH better than the candy bar.
How to Make Almond Joy Energy Balls
I love making energy balls because they only take about 10 minutes to make, from start to finish! They are one of my favorite treats, especially after lunch time. I am always wanting something a little sweet and my energy balls cure my sweet tooth every single time.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats, coconut, cocoa powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt, almond butter, honey, and vanilla.
- You can use sweetened or unsweetened coconut.
- If you want to boost the protein, you can add 1 tablespoon of your favorite chocolate protein powder. I love this brand.
- Mix on low with the beater blade until well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a bowl and spatula or wooden spoon to make the energy balls.
- Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips. You can use regular or mini chocolate chips. I like Enjoy Life chocolate chips or Guittard.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per ball.
How to Store
Place the energy balls in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze energy balls. Place in a freezer container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Energy balls are the perfect grab and go treat! I always like to have them in the fridge or freezer. I love them and the kids love them!
More Energy Ball Recipes:
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites
- S’mores Energy Bites
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Energy Bites