Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats- Rice Krispie Treats made with browned butter and everyone’s favorite cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch! You are going to LOVE these easy no-bake treats!
Classic Rice Krispie Treats are a classic dessert and our recipe is the VERY best. We make them all of the time, but I also like to play around with different versions. A few of my favorites include: Oreo, Peanut Butter, and Biscoff.
Well, there is a new favorite in town, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats. That’s right, I add Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal to the mix and it is a game changer! If you love the cereal, you are going to LOVE these Rice Krispie Treats.
I mix Rice Krispies and Cinnamon Toast Crunch so the bars aren’t too sweet. The combo is perfect!
The cereal isn’t the only good thing about these treats. These Rice Krispie Treats are made with browned butter so you know they are going to be GOOD. The cinnamon and brown butter flavors are INCREDIBLE. And of course there is lots of marshmallow gooeyness. The treats are THICK, sweet, and cinnamony, is that even a word? I am going with it:)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal mixed with Rice Krispie Treats…so nostalgic and SO delicious! You are going to love these easy no-bake treats!
Table of Contents
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats
- How to Store
- More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
You only need a few ingredients and you don’t have to turn on the oven. This is a NO-BAKE dessert, which makes them perfect for summertime or anytime!
- Butter– use unsalted butter and cut it into tablespoon pieces so it is easier to brown.
- Mini marshmallows– you will need a 16 ounce bag PLUS, 2 cups mini marshmallows. You want LOTS of marshmallows so the treats are nice and gooey. Make sure you use MINI marshmallows and not large marshmallows.
- Vanilla extract– just a splash!
- Sea salt– I love adding a little flaky sea salt!
- Cereal– you will need Rice Krispies (crispy rice cereal) AND Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. The combo is perfect so the bars aren’t too sweet.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal has been a favorite in the cereal aisle for YEARS! I have been eating it since I was a kid.
The cereal is made of crispy whole wheat and rice squares that are covered with CINNADUST, a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. YUM!!!!
This cereal is a classic and a favorite among kids and adults. It’s good in a bowl with milk, but you HAVE to try the cereal in Rice Krispie Treats.
You can find Cinnamon Toast Crunch at most grocery stores in the cereal aisle or online. I guarantee you are going to want to have a box in your pantry at ALL times so you can make these treats.
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats
- We love THICK Rice Krispie treats, so we use a 9×9-inch baking pan. If you want to make thinner, regular Rice Krispie treats, you can use a 9×13-inch pan.
- Line the pan of your choice with parchment paper to make it easier for them to come out of the pan.
- First, brown the butter. Place the butter in a large pot and melt over medium heat, stirring often, until it foams, smells nutty, and browns. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the 16 oz bag of marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and sea salt. Add the Rice Krispies and Cinnamon Toast Crunch; gently stir until well coated with the marshmallows. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Lightly press the mixture into the pan, using a greased spatula. You can also lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan. Don’t press too firmly or the treats will end up hard and dry.
- Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top, If desired. I love the salty kick with the cinnamon and sugar!
How to Store
Store Rice Krispie Treats at room temperature in an airtight container. If you’ve already cut them into squares, I recommend wrapping them individually in plastic wrap so they don’t dry out. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze Rice Krispie Treats. After the treats have cooled, cut them into squares. Wrap each square in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or freezer container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before enjoying.
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Brown Butter Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats