S’mores Rice Krispie Treats– rice Krispie treats made with brown butter, marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate! They taste just like traditional s’mores but without the fuss of a campfire. And the best part is they only take about 10 minutes to make and are an easy no-bake treat for summertime or anytime!
S’mores are a classic treat, especially during the summer months. I love making the traditional toasted marshmallow, graham, and chocolate combo, but I also love creating desserts that are inspired by s’mores. A few favorites include: Peanut Butter S’mores Bars, S’mores Cookies, S’mores Skillet Cookie, and S’mores Puppy Chow.
I also really love these S’mores Rice Krispie Treats! If you like classic Rice Krispie Treats, you will love my s’mores version! You get two of the BEST treats in ONE!
To bring out the best s’mores flavor, I brown the butter to bring that toasty, nutty essence to the treats. I also stir in graham cracker pieces with the crispy rice cereal. And of course we have to add chocolate, so I stir in chocolate chips and add Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces on top! Sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt and WOW!!!
These gooey S’mores Rice Krispie Treats are fun to make and fun to eat! The perfect no-bake treat for summertime or anytime!
Table of Contents
- How to Make S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
- How to Store
- More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- S’mores Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Butter– I use unsalted butter because I add in salt. I like controlling the amount.
- Mini marshmallows– Use mini marshmallows and not big marshmallows. The minis melt quicker and result in a gooey-er RKT!
- Vanilla Extract-just a splash!
- Sea salt– I add a little salt in the rice crispy treats and sprinkle some salt on top to balance out the sweetness.
- Crispy rice cereal– you can use name brand Rice Krispies cereal or a generic store brand.
- Graham crackers– break the graham crackers up into pieces to stir into the rice krispie treats. I also like to press some on top!
- Chocolate chips– I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but milk or dark will work. Use your favorite! Guittard is my favorite brand.
- Hershey’s chocolate candy bar– I like to press Hershey’s squares on top of the treats for that nostalgic s’mores look and taste!
How to Make S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat, Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter starts to foam, smells nutty, and turns brown. Watch closely so the butter doesn’t burn.
- Turn the heat to low and add the 16 ounce bag of mini marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Don’t overcook or the marshmallows will get hard.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and sea salt. Add the cereal and gently stir until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallows.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Lightly press the mixture into the pan, using a greased spatula. You can also lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan.
- Gently press the broken-up graham crackers and Hershey’s candy bar pieces on top of the treats. Sprinkle with extra sea salt, if desired.
- Let the Rice Krispie Treats cool before cutting, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.
How to Store
You can keep these bars in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Do not refrigerate the treats. Refrigerating will dry them out and make them too hard and brittle.
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- Classic Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Brown Butter Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Cookies