This easy Egg, Avocado, and Pesto Bagel Sandwich with Havarti cheese and arugula makes a great breakfast or lunch!
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread
How do you get out of a week day slump? You make an Egg, Avocado, and Pesto Bagel Sandwich for breakfast. Trust me, after one bite you will be ready to conquer the day. I made this amazing bagel sandwich for breakfast last week and I am still in a good mood. It has that kind of power:)
I usually am an oatmeal for breakfast kind of gal, but Dave’s Killer Bread just came out with bagels and I was dying to try them so I made a bagel sandwich for breakfast. Best decision ever! I started with the Epic Everything bagel and it certainly is epic. The whole grain bagels are topped with flax, chia, sesame, poppy seeds, garlic, and onion. They are loaded with flavor and loaded with 12 grams of protein! Boom!
I toasted the bagel and added my favorite basil pesto, eggs, Havarti cheese, avocado slices, and arugula. Talk about a flavor loaded bagel sandwich and the yellow and green colors are fun for spring.
I made this Egg, Avocado, and Pesto Bagel Sandwich for me, the boys already had breakfast so I thought I was safe, but Caleb saw me eating it and begged for a bite. One bite led to a few more, he loved it too! We are going to have to make bagel sandwiches more often!
A few notes about this bagel sandwich recipe:
- I used Dave Killer Bread’s Epic Everything bagel, but the Plain Awesome bagel would be good too. I like to toast my bagels, but if you aren’t a toasty person, you can leave the bagel as is.
- You can make an egg white sandwich if you wish.
- I like to use my favorite homemade spinach basil pesto because I always have some in the freezer, but store bought pesto will work too.
- I used Havarti cheese, but mozzarella, fontina, or cheddar would be good too!
- You can swap out the arugula for spinach, kale, or lettuce. Use whatever you have in your fridge.
Make your morning a GOOD morning and enjoy an Egg, Avocado, and Pesto Bagel Sandwich. And if you miss breakfast, you can make this sandwich for lunch! It hits the spot anytime of the day.