Coconut Lime Zucchini Loaf- moist lime zucchini loaf cake finished with a sweet lime glaze and toasted coconut. Enjoy a slice for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
When life gives you zucchini, you make zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini bread, zucchini muffins, zucchini cake…and MORE!
I LOVE creating recipes with zucchini and this Lime Coconut Zucchini Loaf is a new favorite. If you like my lemon zucchini bread, I think you will love this recipe too.
So is this loaf bread or cake? It can pass as either, so call it whatever you want. Either way, it is DELICIOUS!
The loaf is super moist, thanks to the zucchini, and bursting with fresh lime flavor. It is topped with a simple and sweet lime glaze and toasted coconut. Cut into thick slices and enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. It is good anytime of the day.
Table of Contents
- Loaf Ingredients
- How to Make Zucchini Lime Loaf
- Glazing the Loaf
- How to Store
- More Zucchini Recipes
- Coconut Lime Zucchini Loaf Recipe
- Flour– use all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder and baking soda– to give the loaf a nice lift.
- Salt– to enhance the flavor.
- Granulated sugar– to sweeten the loaf.
- Lime– lime zest and fresh lime juice.
- Eggs– 2 large eggs at room temperature
- Coconut oil– melted and slightly cooled
- Vanilla extract– use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Zucchini– you will need 2 cups of shredded zucchini. You don’t need to peel the zucchini. If your zucchini is super watery, give it a quick squeeze in paper towels, but don’t squeeze out all of the liquid. You want the loaf to be moist.
How to Make Zucchini Lime Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and lime zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant, this brings out the best lime flavor.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, lime juice, and vanilla extract. Stir together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, don’t over mix. Gently fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf, about 50 to 60 minutes. Check early to be safe.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen with a bread knife around the edges and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Place on a wire cooling rack.
Glazing the Loaf
The loaf is great plain, but I like to make it even better by adding a simple lime glaze and toasted coconut! It is always fun to get dressed up:)
- While the loaf is still a little warm, make the lime glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lime juice. Start with 1 tablespoon but add a little more until the glaze is pourable.
- For easy clean up, place a baking tray or cutting board under the cooling rack to catch any drips. Spoon the glaze over the top of the bread, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Gently press the coconut into the glaze so it sticks.
- Cool completely, slice, and enjoy.
How to Store
When the loaf is completely cool, wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temperature. The loaf will keep for up to 3 days.
The freeze also freezes well. I recommend freezing the loaf without the glaze. Let the loaf cool completely and wrap it in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to months. Thaw and add the lime glaze and toasted coconut.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bars
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies