Rolo Cookies- soft and chewy chocolate cookies with a Rolo candy inside! Everyone loves biting into the chocolate caramel surprise! These cookies are fun and delicious!
Last week, I bought Rolo candies to make Rolo Pretzels. I didn’t use all of the Rolos so I decided to use the leftover candies to make Rolo Cookies.
These cookies look like plain chocolate cookies, but there is a surprise inside.
The chocolate cookie dough gets wrapped around the Rolo candy. The Rolos melt in the oven and create a chocolate caramel center that is to die for.
I love especially love the cookies when they are still a little warm because the center is ooey, gooey, and divine.
Josh wasn’t going to try a cookie because he thought they were plain chocolate cookies, but I told him to trust me and take a bite. He did and he immediately grabbed a second cookie and a glass of cold milk. He loved the chocolate caramel surprise.
If you want to create an extra sweet treat, try these chocolate cookies with a Rolo candy center. You can’t go wrong with cookies and candy!
Rolo Cookie Ingredients
- Flour– all-purpose flour is perfect! To measure, fluff, spoon, and level!
- Cocoa powder– use regular unsweetened cocoa powder!
- Baking soda– make sure it is fresh!
- Salt– always salt in baked goods!
- Butter– use unsalted butter for this recipe! Make sure it is at cool room temperature and not too warm or greasy! If your butter is too warm, your cookies will be flat!
- Sugar– you need granulated sugar and brown sugar!
- Eggs– I always use large eggs for baking.
- Vanilla extract– so good in cookies!
- Rolo candies– you can find Rolos at most grocery stores in the candy aisle.
- Flaky sea salt– I like to add a little flaky sea salt on top!
How to Make Rolo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined.
- Take a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough and wrap around one Rolo candy. Make sure Rolo is completely covered with cookie dough. Roll dough ball in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are starting to crack. Don’t over bake.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
How to Store Rolo Cookies
Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months in a freezer bag or container.
More Cookie Recipes
- Ultimate Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles
- Andes Mint Cookies
Find all of our Cookie Recipes HERE!