Roasted asparagus salad with grated hard-boiled eggs, avocado, pistachios, and a simple lemon dressing. This simple spring salad goes great with any meal and is a must for Easter!
Have you tried the grated egg avocado toast trend? I have and I think it is worth the hype. In fact, I loved it so much I created a salad inspired by the famous avocado toast.
This Grated Egg Avocado Asparagus Salad is my new favorite spring salad. It starts with roasted asparagus, which is the ultimate spring vegetable. The roasted asparagus spears get topped with grated hard-boiled eggs, avocado, Parmesan cheese, pistachios, and a simple lemon dressing.
Grating the eggs makes them light and fluffy and the perfect topping for the asparagus salad. All of the textures come together to create a unique and DELICIOUS salad.
This salad screams spring! Serve along side any meal and definitely add it to your Easter menu. It can be enjoyed at brunch, lunch, or dinner. It is easy to make, but impressive to serve. Your guests will love every bite!
Table of Contents
- Salad Ingredients
- Roasted Asparagus
- Lemon Dressing
- Assembling the Salad
- More Asparagus Recipes
- Grated Egg Avocado Asparagus Salad Recipe
- Asparagus– you will need one large bunch. Look for asparagus spears that are medium in size, not too thin or too thick. Use a sharp knife to remove the tough ends. You can also snap off the ends.
- Olive oil– for drizzling over the asparagus.
- Hard-boiled eggs– you will need 2 or 3, depending on how much egg you like on your salad.
- Avocado– use a large, ripe avocado!
- Parmesan cheese– I always buy a wedge of Parmesan cheese and freshly grate it over the salad. Fresh is best!
- Pistachios– for a salty crunch! Almonds would also be good!
- Chives– for garnish and extra flavor!
I like to roast the asparagus in the oven because it is easy and brings out the best flavor.
- Place the asparagus on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss until well coated.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in a 400 degree F oven and roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender, but still crisp. Don’t overcook, you don’t want mushy asparagus. I recommend checking early because time will vary depending on the size of your asparagus and your oven.
This salad has a lot of flavor so you don’t need a ton of dressing. I just like to drizzle a simple lemon dressing over the salad to brighten it up and to bring all of the spring flavors together.
While the asparagus is roasting in the oven, whisk together the following ingredients.
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice (always use fresh lemon juice)
- Dijon mustard
Assembling the Salad
- After you roast the asparagus, transfer the asparagus to a platter. Drizzle with a little lemon dressing.
- Use a microplane to grate the hard-boiled eggs over the asparagus. Make sure your eggs are cold so they grate easily. Use 2 to 3 eggs, depending on how much egg you like. If you don’t want to grate the eggs, you can chop them up with a knife. The grated egg is “trendy,” but I actually love the texture.
- Top with diced avocado, Parmesan cheese, and chopped pistachios.
- Drizzle with a little more dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chives, if using.
- Serve immediately, this salad is best the day it is made. We always devour it quickly!
More Asparagus Recipes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Simple Sesame Asparagus
- Farro with Mushrooms & Asparagus
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon, Feta, and Pistachios