Grilled Chicken Sandwich- juicy grilled chicken served on a bun with melty provolone cheese, bacon, grilled red onions, fresh peaches, arugula, and a drizzle of hot honey. This is the BEST grilled chicken sandwich out there!
Are you ready for the BEST Grilled Chicken Sandwich of your life?
This isn’t your ordinary grilled chicken sandwich. It is loaded with flavor and tastes very gourmet, but don’t worry, it’s super easy to make.
Every time we make this sandwich for family and friends they are amazed by all of the incredible flavors in ONE sandwich. They work so well together and make the chicken extra special.
So let’s get into the details of this life changing sandwich. Put on your thinking cap and imagine: juicy grilled chicken with melty provolone cheese served on a toasted bun with grilled red onions, smoky bacon, fresh peaches, arugula, and a drizzle of hot honey.
WOW is right! This sandwich has it all. I guarantee you will fall in love after one big bite.
Table of Contents
- Key Ingredients
- How to Make Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Side Dish Ideas
- More Sandwich Recipes
- Best Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Chicken– use large boneless skinless chicken breasts. We like to pound out the chicken so the chicken is tender and juicy.
- Paprika and Garlic Powder– to flavor the chicken.
- Olive oil– for brushing the grill. You don’t want the chicken sticking to the grill.
- Hamburger buns– use your favorite buns or sandwich rolls. Toast them so they are nice and sturdy and don’t get soggy.
- Cheese– Josh likes to use provolone, but mozzarella or Havarti are good options too.
- Red onion– grill the onions for the BEST flavor! You could also use pickled red onions.
- Bacon– crispy bacon adds so much flavor!
- Peaches– slice up a couple of ripe, juicy peaches. They add the perfect amount of sweetness to the sandwich. Better than a tomato:)
- Arugula– A small handful arugula makes the sandwich POP!
- Hot honey– Drizzle with a little hot honey for a sweet and spicy kick. SO good! If you don’t have hot honey, you can use regular honey and add a little crushed red pepper if you want the kick.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- One at a time, lay the chicken breast inside a freezer bag or between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently pound the chicken to a 1/2-inch thickness. Use a sharp knife to cut the chicken into 4 equal pieces.
- Combine the salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts with the mixture on both sides.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate. Place the chicken on the grill and cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Cooking time will vary depending on your grill and how thick your chicken breasts are.
- Add a slice of cheese to the top of each chicken breast and cook for about 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Transfer the chicken to a platter and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion into wedges, leaving the root partially intact so the layers stay together on the grill. Brush with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Place the onion pieces on the grill and cook until tender, turning once. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- To toast buns, place cut sides down on grill during last minute of cooking time.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top the bottom buns with a piece of grilled chicken and drizzle generously with hot honey. Top with grilled red onions, peach slices, bacon slices, and arugula. Add the top bun and serve immediately.
Side Dish Ideas
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Green Salad
- Potato Salad
- Fresh Corn Salad
- Easy Pasta Salad
More Sandwich Recipes
- Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich