Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies-These decadent chocolate cookies are loaded with peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips! If you love chocolate and peanut butter, these cookies are for you!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter, the Perfect Combo
Chocolate and peanut butter, two of my all-time favorite things, especially when combined. But do you know what makes chocolate and peanut butter even better? When you turn the two ingredients into a decadent cookie!
If you are a chocolate peanut butter fan, you will LOVE these cookies! The chocolate peanut butter combo is spot, just make sure you have a glass of milk close by because these chocolate peanut butter cookies are rich and that is a very good thing.
Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These are the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cookies because they are loaded with goodness. The rich and decadent chocolate cookies have peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips inside. I don’t mess around, I go ALL out when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter.
For this recipe, I chop up peanut butter cups so you get big chunks of peanut butter cups in every cookie. This is a great recipe for using up leftover Halloween candy. I always steal my boy’s candy so I can make these cookies:) If you are wondering what kind of cookie to make with leftover candy, MAKE THESE! You won’t be disappointed.
Tips for Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are easy to make and will be a family favorite. Here are a few tips to help you bake the most perfect chocolate peanut butter cookies.
- Use unsweetened cocoa powder for this cookie recipe. The cocoa will give the cookies a rich chocolate flavor that goes great with the peanut butter.
- Chop the peanut butter cups into chunks that are a little bigger than the chocolate chips. Stir them in with a spatula, don’t mix them in with a mixer or they will get too smashed.
- I like to use these peanut butter chips. You can find them at a lot of grocery stores, but if you can’t find them, you can order them online.
- I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of the cookies before baking. You will love the salty kick!
- Don’t over bake the cookies. You want the cookies to be soft in the center and set around the edges when you take them out of the oven. The cookies will finish baking as they cool on the baking sheets.
- While the cookies are cooking on the baking sheet, lightly press extra chopped peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips into the cookies. You don’t have to do this, but it make the cookies extra pretty and extra delicious. You can’t go wrong with extra peanut butter cups and chips!
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the chocolate peanut butter cookies for up to 2 months.
If you like these chocolate peanut butter cookies, check out:
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies