These soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies are a family-favorite! This classic cookie recipe is easy to make and goes great with a glass of milk. Seriously one of the best oatmeal raisin cookie recipes you’ll ever make.
Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
We went on a road trip and I made a batch of Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies to take with us. Cookies are a necessity for road trips, especially these soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. They are PERFECTION! They are the BEST oatmeal raisin cookies out there. I have tried a lot so trust me on this one.
A Family Favorite!
I grew up loving oatmeal raisin cookies because my dad LOVES raisins. I love classic oatmeal cookies but my dad’s favorite are oatmeal cookies WITH raisins. Oatmeal raisin cookies are a classic cookie. My dad would always make homemade cookies for us and oatmeal raisin were always one of our favorites. I grew up eating these cookies and they are for sure a family favorite!
How do you make oatmeal cookies with raisins?
- It’s SO easy! We start with a chewy oatmeal cookie recipe. I really like this cookie recipe because it is so soft and chewy. The butter, brown sugar, and oats make the cookies super chewy. This recipe has ALL brown sugar and no granulated sugar creating a super chewy cookie.
- To plump up the raisins, soak them in hot water before adding them to the cookie dough. Just make sure you drain then well and dry them on a paper towel so they don’t add too much moisture to the cookies.
- I use old fashioned oats for this recipe, not quick oats. I like the bigger, chewy oats!
- Good oatmeal raisin cookies need to have cinnamon and a little pinch of nutmeg. The spices give the cookies so much flavor.
- If you don’t like raisins in your cookies, I am sorry:) You can use chocolate chips instead of raisins if you must:)
This is the PERFECT recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! They are a classic and I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Other Oatmeal Cookie Recipes To Try:
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies