Sausage & Peppers- you only need 25 minutes to make this easy sheet pan sausage and peppers meal! It is the perfect weeknight dinner! You can serve with pasta, make a hoagie, eat with eggs, or eat right off the sheet pan!
If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, you have come to the right place. This Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers recipe only takes 25 minutes to make and is always a dinner winner.
Sheet pan meals are the BEST! I love that dinner is made on ONE pan, easy to make and easy to clean up! This recipe couldn’t be any simpler.
Toss everything on a large sheet pan and roast in the oven. The sausage gets a little crispy, but is still super juicy. The peppers and onions caramelize, making them super sweet and irresistible.
You can serve the meal as is, eat right off the sheet pan or transfer to a plate and enjoy! But this is also a great meal prep recipe because you can use the sausage and peppers to make pasta or hoagies with melted provolone cheese. You can also serve with rice, potatoes, eggs, and more!
If you love our One Pot Sausage Pasta, Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi, and Grilled Italian Sausage, I know you will love this recipe too!
Table of Contents
- How to Make Sausage and Peppers
- How to Serve
- How to Store
- More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Precooked sausage– use precooked sausage links. You can use chicken sausage, turkey sausage, or regular Italian sausage. Cut the sausage into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Bell peppers– we use red and yellow, but orange or green bell pepper will work too. Cut into thin strips.
- Yellow onion– sliced into strips.
- Olive oil– for drizzling over the sausage and veggies.
- Garlic– to add flavor.
- Italian seasoning– we love using dried Italian seasoning because we always have it in our pantry.
- Crushed red pepper flakes– for a little heat!
- Herbs– you can garnish the dish with fresh basil or fresh Italian parsley.
How to Make Sausage and Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place the sausage rounds, pepper strips, and onion on the prepared pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Top with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Toss well until evenly coated.
- Arrange in an even layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway, or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and dinner is done!
How to Serve
You can eat the sausage and peppers plain, just serve them on a plate and enjoy! You can also use the sausage and peppers to create a variety of meals. Here are some ideas.
- Add to your favorite pasta. You can add marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve with rice, farro, or quinoa.
- Make a sausage pepper hoagie sandwich. Butter hoagie rolls and toast in the oven. Top with sausage, peppers, and provolone cheese. Broil just until the cheese is melted and serve warm.
- Top a bed of greens with the sausage and peppers.
- Serve with potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes.
- Enjoy with eggs for breakfast or anytime of the day.
How to Store
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat or place back on a sheet pan and reheat in a 350 degree F oven until heated through. If you are in a hurry, you can also reheat in the microwave.
- Freeze cooled leftovers in a freezer container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi
- Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan Pasta Bake with Chicken and Kale
- Sheet Pan Baked Salmon with Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken
- Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi