Mediterranean Kale Salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, pita chips and a simple hummus dressing.
This post is sponsored by Sabra.
The weather is warming up and that means lots and lots of salads! YAY! I may be known for my cookie obsession, but I love a good salad almost as much as a freshly baked cookie. Almost:) I am super excited for salad season.
My current favorite salad is this easy Mediterranean Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing. I have been enjoying it for lunch almost every single day. I can’t get enough. I know it is going to be on regular rotation, especially during the hot summer months.
This salad has all of my favorite ingredients: kale, chickpeas, red pepper, artichokes, cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and pita chips. Plus, it is finished with a creamy hummus dressing that is out of this world good.
You only need four ingredients to make the hummus dressing: Sabra Classic Hummus, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. It is so good drizzled over this Mediterranean Kale Salad. It makes all of the salad flavors pop!
This creamy hummus dressing is my new go to salad dressing. I HAVE to have a jar in my fridge at all times, so I can make this salad and any other salad. It’s a lifesaver when I am in the mood for a simple salad, my favorite “Unofficial Meal.”
A few tips for this Mediterranean Kale Salad:
- I like to use Lacinato, aka dinosaur kale, for this salad. You can find it in the produce section at most grocery stores.
- I like to use Sabra’s Classic Hummus to make the dressing, but feel free to mix things up by using roasted red pepper, roasted pine nut, or roasted garlic hummus.
- You can serve this salad as a main dish or side dish. It makes a great easy lunch or dinner. It is also a great salad to take to summer potlucks and barbecues, just wait to dress the salad until you are ready to serve.
- If you need the salad to be vegan, you can omit the feta cheese. If you need the salad to be gluten-free, you can omit the pita chips. The salad will still be tasty!
Did you know tomorrow, May 13th, is National Hummus Day? You HAVE to make this Mediterranean Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing to celebrate! Enjoy!
If you like this Mediterranean Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing, you might also like:
- Mediterranean Three Bean Quinoa Salad
- Kale and Wild Rice Salad
- Asian Kale Salad
- Kale, Strawberry, and Avocado Salad