This easy strawberry cake is one of our favorite spring and summer desserts. Easy, basic ingredients make this homemade strawberry cake a cinch. Best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
I have always enjoyed strawberries, but lately, I am obsessed. Strawberry season is my favorite. When strawberries are ripe and ready, we buy them like crazy. I love eating strawberries with my yogurt, acai bowls, in salads, and of course I love making strawberry shortcake. It is a strawberry season classic!
I also love making this delightful Strawberry Cake. It is one of my favorite strawberry desserts because it is SO easy! This is my go to strawberry cake recipe. It is always a crowd pleaser and it’s SO good with fresh strawberries.
I love that this cake is easy to make and requires basic ingredients. The cake batter takes about 10 minutes to make and is made from ingredients you should have in your kitchen right now. You just need fresh strawberries!
This strawberry cake recipe is the perfect dessert for easy entertaining or for when you want something sweet but don’t want to do a lot of work. The cake comes together in no time and you don’t have to worry about layers, frosting, or decorating. This is my kind of cake!
The sliced strawberries peek through cake, creating a beautiful cake. The turbinado sugar adds a sugary crunch to the cake and makes it extra pretty.
The cake is moist and reminds me of strawberry shortcake, but in cake form. You will love getting a bite of cake that is bursting with fresh, juicy strawberries!
Table of Contents
- How to make Strawberry Cake
- Serving Suggestions
- How to Store
- More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Unsalted butter- at room temperature.
- Baking powder- make sure it is fresh. I change mine out every 6 months.
- Granulated Sugar
- Egg- I always use large eggs for baking.
- Buttermilk- at room temperature.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Strawberries- sliced! Pick the juiciest, ripest strawberries you can find!
- Turbinado sugar- for sprinkling on top of cake
How to make Strawberry Cake
- Preheat the oven and butter a 10-inch springform pan or pie plate.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Arrange strawberry slices on top of batter. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over berries.
- Bake the cake for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool in pan. To serve, cut into wedges.
Serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also dust the caked with powdered sugar.
You can serve this beautiful and simple cake at baby showers, bridal showers, for Easter dessert, Mother’s Day brunch, or just because. It is the perfect dessert for any occasion. And if you have any leftovers, I highly recommend eating a slice for breakfast:)
How to Store
Store the cake at room temperature, lightly covered on the counter, for up to 2 days. The cake will get more moist as it sits. If you live in a super warm or humid climate you can put the cake in the fridge, but refrigerating cake will dry it out a little.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberries and Cream Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry Scones
- Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Galette