Whipped Feta- you only need a few ingredients to make this easy whipped feta dip. It’s creamy, salty, and always a crowd pleaser. Serve with pita bread, crackers, vegetables, or use it as a sandwich spread.
Feta cheese is delicious, I love adding it to my salads, eggs, vegetables, and more. It is such a good cheese. I always have it in my fridge.
But have you tried Whipped Feta? It is the BEST.
Whipping feta in a food processor or blender, takes the cheese to a whole new level. In just a few minutes, the cheese turns into a rich and creamy dip that is SO delicious.
Whipped feta is the perfect party appetizer or snack. Serve with pita bread, crackers, vegetables, and more. You can also add a variety of toppings to make the dip extra special.
I guarantee you are going to love this simple whipped feta recipe. Make it for your next party!
Table of Contents
- Key Ingredients
- How to Make Whipped Feta
- Topping Ideas
- Serving Suggestions
- How to Store
- More Easy Appetizers
- Whipped Feta Recipe
- Feta cheese– make sure you use the best feta you can find. I recommend using a block of feta cheese that is in brine for the creamiest whipped feta with the best flavor. I buy feta cheese at Trader Joe’s.
- Greek yogurt– plain Greek yogurt makes the whipped feta extra creamy and smooth. I also love the tanginess it adds.
- Olive oil– the olive oil helps the ingredients come together and provides a nice rich flavor.
- Lemon zest– optional, but so good. I love the slight lemon flavor.
How to Make Whipped Feta
- In a food processor or blender, combine the feta, Greek yogurt, olive oil, and lemon zest. Blend until creamy and smooth. You might need to scrape down the sides with a spatula and blend again.
- If you want a thinner whipped feta, you can add a little more olive oil, but it will thin out as it blends. Make sure you don’t over blend.
- I don’t salt the whipped feta because feta is salty. You can taste it and add salt and pepper, if desired.
Spread the whipped feta in a shallow bowl or onto a small plate and top with desired toppings.
- Olive oil– I like to drizzle a little olive oil on top of the whipped feta.
- Herbs– add freshly chopped herbs. Basil, mint, dill, and parsley are all good options.
- Crushed red pepper flakes– if you want to add a little heat, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Nuts– pine nuts, chopped pistachios, almonds, or walnuts are great for adding a little crunch.
- Tomatoes– Top with halved grape or cherry tomatoes. Chopped sun-dried tomatoes would also be good.
- Cucumbers– cucumbers and feta are a match made in heaven.
- Olives– top with your favorite olives.
- Honey– if you want to sweeten things up, you can add a drizzle of honey.
- Pesto– add a drizzle of pesto!
- Serve as a dip with pita bread, pita chips, naan, crackers, or cut up vegetables.
- I also love eating it with roasted vegetables.
- Add a spoonful to your favorite salad or bowl.
- You can also spread the whipped feta on toast, crostini, or flatbread.
- It is also good inside a sandwich or wrap.
- Serve with a charcuterie board.
- You can even add a little to scrambled eggs.
How to Store
Freshly whipped feta is the BEST but if you have leftovers, you can store the dip in the fridge for up to 3 days. The feta will thicken up, so make sure you give it a good stir before serving.
Can I use cream cheese instead of Greek yogurt?
I like to use plain Greek yogurt for extra protein and it makes the dip nice and creamy. You can use sour cream instead of plain Greek yogurt with similar results.
If you want a little less tang, you can certainly use cream cheese instead of Greek yogurt. Use 3 ounces of softened cream cheese and whip it with the feta cheese.
What is the creamiest feta?
I recommend using a block of feta cheese that is in a brine. Feta cheese that is already crumbled is too dry and won’t give you the same creamy texture. It is worth buying the best feta cheese you can find to make whipped feta.
Can you freeze whipped feta?
I don’t recommend it. Freshly whipped feta is best!
More Easy Appetizers
- Baked Brie
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Burrata with Tomatoes & Pesto
- Best Guacamole
- Best Bean Dip