Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins-these delicious and healthy whole wheat muffins are made with zucchini, banana, and blueberries! A great way to get your fruits and veggies!
I made Lemon Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Cookies, and Zucchini Fritters and still had extra zucchini to use up. Tis’ the season!
I am not complaining because the extra zucchini led to Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins for breakfast…and they are GOOD. Really good!
The whole wheat muffins are made with mashed banana, shredded zucchini, and blueberries. That’s right, these muffins are packed with fruits and veggies, but you won’t even notice because they are DELICIOUS!
Enjoy for breakfast, a lunch box treat, an after school snack, or even dessert.
- Flour– I like to use white whole wheat flour, but you can use regular whole wheat flour or all-purpose will work too.
- Baking powder and baking soda– to help the muffins rise in the oven.
- Bananas– make sure the bananas are brown for ultimate sweetness. Mash them up, you will need 1 cup.
- Sugar– granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Coconut oil– melted and cooled to room temperature.
- Vanilla extract
- Zucchini– shredded!
- Blueberries– you can use fresh or frozen berries.
- Turbinado sugar– for sprinkling on the muffins.
How to Make the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir gently with a rubber spatula until flour is mixed in. Squeeze the zucchini in a paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Fold the zucchini into batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin cups, about ¾ full. Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes.
- Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
How to Store
Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days.
You can also freeze the muffins for up to 2 months. Thaw and enjoy! You can also heat them up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Maybe cut them in half and slather them with butter:)
More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Muffins
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
Find MORE Zucchini Recipes HERE!
More Muffin Recipes
- Strawberry Muffins
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Healthy Banana Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Best Blueberry Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins