Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets make a great summer dinner. They are easy to make and the clean up is a breeze.
I got home on Sunday from an eleven day trip. I’ve never been away from Josh or my boys that long. It was hard, SO hard.
Before I left, I stocked the fridge with fruits, veggies, and made homemade granola and energy bites. I wanted the boys to have some healthy options on hand because Josh tends to spoil them while I am away:) When I got home, I asked Josh if the boys ate any vegetables while I was gone and he said yes, whew! He said he made Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets for dinner a few times because the boys loved them.
Foil packets on the grill are a summer favorite because the prep and clean up is easy and the taste is amazing! Plus, you don’t have to heat up your house to make dinner.
Josh filled the foil packets with:
- Chicken sausage
- Bell Peppers
- Red onion
He also seasoned the sausage and veggies with dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, salt, and black pepper for extra flavor. The foil packets take about 2o minutes to grill and then you have your own special dinner in a fun foil pack! Yay!
A few tips:
- Use heavy duty aluminum foil to make the foil packets so they are sturdy and hold up on the grill.
- Cut the vegetables the same size so they cook evenly.
- We use chicken sausage, but you can use turkey, beef, or Italian sausage.
- If you need the packets to be vegetarian, you can leave out the sausage and use all veggies.
- If you want to cook the foil packets in the oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Looking for a quick and easy summer meal? Get out the grill and make Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets. Tin foil dinners are always a good idea!