This healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is loaded with beans, veggies, and lean turkey. It’s the perfect meal for game day, a cold day, or any day! And the best part? The crockpot does most of the work. It’s such an easy and delicious recipe!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is the perfect meal for a cold day, game day, busy day, or any day. It is hearty, satisfying, and healthy.
This is the best turkey chili recipe because it’s full of flavor AND made in the crockpot. Throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, let it simmer all day, and you will have a delicious dinner waiting for you.
Serve with your favorite chili toppings and make sure you have a big piece of easy cornbread on the side. Chili and cornbread are a match made in heaven.
Table of Contents
- Healthy & Delicious
- Chili Ingredients
- How to Make Turkey Chili
- Chili Toppings
- More Chili Recipes
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
Healthy & Delicious
This chili recipe uses lean ground turkey, which is a healthier alternative to the typical beef or sausage chili. It also has black beans and red kidney beans. This chili is a protein powerhouse!
And I promise the chili isn’t lacking any flavor because it also has onion, tomatoes, peppers, corn, and lots of spices. You get a well-rounded meal in one bowl.
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey– you can use ground chicken or ground beef if you wish.
- Bell peppers– I use red and yellow, they are nice and sweet. Orange peppers are also a good option.
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Beans– black beans and red kidney beans
- Deli-sliced tamed jalapeño peppers– the peppers aren’t spicy, they have a little heat, but add GREAT flavor. Look for them in the pickle aisle. Pickled jalapeños also work.
- Corn– I use frozen corn because I always have it in the freezer.
- Spices– chili powder and cumin
How to Make Turkey Chili
This is a REALLY simple recipe–you just have to brown the turkey, chop the onion and peppers, and toss everything into the slow cooker. We use a 6-quart slow cooker and it works perfectly!
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
- Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.
What’s chili without toppings?! It’s the best part! Set out a variety of toppings and everyone can customize their bowls.
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Jalapeño slices
- Tortilla chips or crackers
More Chili Recipes
- Hearty Vegetarian Chili
- Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Dad’s Spicy Chili
- Smoky Bacon Chili
- White Chicken Chili