Corn Salsa- this easy corn salsa recipe is a summertime favorite! It is made with fresh sweet corn, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice! Enjoy with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, or any Mexican dish
Summer and sweet corn are a match made in heaven! I grew up in Illinois, where the corn is plentiful, and we always ate A LOT of sweet corn during the hot summer months. I loved eating it right of the cob, with lots of butter and salt, but I also enjoyed making fresh Corn Salsa.
I love a good salsa and this Corn Salsa recipe is for sure a summer favorite. It is simple to make and is SO good with fresh, juicy sweet corn. It’s basically summer in a bowl.
You can enjoy the salsa with tortilla chips, my favorite, or serve with your favorite Mexican dishes like tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas. I also love topping my salads with a big scoop of this salsa. It makes any salad better!
This salsa will remind you of Chipotle’s corn salsa, but I think it is even better. Plus, it’s super easy to make at home!
How to Cut Corn Off the Cob
The corn is the star of the recipe, so make sure you start with the best sweet corn you can find.
- Don’t shuck the corn until right before you are ready to use it, so it stays fresh and doesn’t dry out. Strip away the green husk and silk. Discard.
- Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the corn kernels from the cob.
- Rest the tip of the cob on a cutting board, and tilt it up at a 45 degree angle. Move the knife under the corn, slicing off the kernels off of the top side, toward the board, away from you.
- Place the side with no kernels flat on the cutting board, so the cob doesn’t roll around. Remove the kernels of the remaining three sides in the same way, bringing your knife down the cob lengthwise.
Corn Salsa Ingredients
Now that we have our corn ready to go, let’s talk about all of the ingredients that go into making this fresh salsa! You only need 5 ingredients (and salt and pepper).
- Corn– I use RAW fresh sweet corn, you don’t have to cook it! Of course, if you want to blanch, grill, or roast the corn, you can, but it isn’t necessary. Raw sweet corn is juicy and delicious! And if you can’t find good fresh sweet corn, you can use frozen corn, but it is really best with fresh.
- Red Onion– I love the pop of color red onion adds!
- Cilantro– a MUST for salsa!
- Jalapeño– I use one jalapeño for a little kick. It isn’t too spicy. If you want more heat, you can add two jalapeños.
- Lime Juice– Use fresh lime juice, not the bottled juice.
- Salt and Pepper– Don’t be afraid to add a good amount of salt. Salt brings out the best flavor!
And if you want to add avocado, I say go for it. Avocado is always a nice addition:)
How to Make Corn Salsa
This salsa recipe is EASY! Let’s do it!
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- For the best flavor, let the salsa sit for 20 minutes before serving so the flavors can develop.
- That is it! Grab a bag of chips and start dipping!
How to Store
Store the corn salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!
Enjoy with all of your favorite Mexican dishes! Every bite is a taste of summer!
More Salsa Recipes
- Restaurant Style Blender Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Peach Salsa
- Fruit Salsa