These soft, buttery garlic knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria’s garlic knots, but are easy to make at home. They are a great appetizer for parties and game day! Serve with marinara sauce or pizza sauce on the side.
Homemade Garlic Knots
My boys love pizza, they would probably eat pizza every night if I let them plan our meals. To make them happy, we try to have homemade pizza twice a month. Sometimes we go all out and start pizza night with Garlic Knots. Those nights are always the best!
These soft and buttery garlic knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria’s garlic knots, but are fun and easy to make at home. They are so good fresh out of the oven!
How To Make Garlic Knots
- To keep things easy, we like to use pre-made pizza dough. Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s both sell great pre-made pizza dough. You can use homemade pizza dough too. I like to keep a ball of pizza dough in the freezer so I can pull it out on a busy day. Just defrost the dough before making the garlic knots.
- Cut the pizza dough into 12 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into about an 8 inch long rope. Take the ends of the dough and tie into a knot (over, under, and through).
- Tying the dough into knots is fun and don’t worry if your knots aren’t perfect. They are meant to have character.
- Brush the garlic nots with melted butter and cover them with herbs and Parmesan cheese. Be very generous with this step!
- Bake until golden brown, for about 15 minutes. Your house will smell like your favorite pizza place while they are baking and that is a very good thing:)
Perfect Game Day Appetizer
The garlic knots are good on there own, but we like to dip our garlic knots in marinara sauce or pizza sauce. They boys always love dipping! Mmmm, mmmm, good!
These Easy Garlic Knots are the perfect start to pizza night. They are also great with a salad, a bowl of soup, or just eaten as a snack! If you are watching baseball playoffs of football this week, you should make Garlic Knots, they are the perfect game day snack! They are really good anytime and all of the time. Enjoy!
If you like these easy homemade garlic knots, you might also like:
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Knots
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Easy French Bread Pizza
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza