White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats- thick and chewy Rice Krispie treats loaded with marshmallows, pretzels, white chocolate, and candy cane pieces. These easy Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect treat for the holidays!
We love making Rice Krispie Treats because they are easy and always a crowd pleaser. If you’ve made our recipe, you know it is the VERY best. Well, we decided to create a festive Rice Krispie Treat recipe for the holidays and they are GOOD, really good!
These White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for the holidays. They are easy to make, which is a big bonus because the holiday months are always so crazy. Plus, they are so festive and fun!
The Rice Krispie Treats are thick, gooey, chewy and loaded with marshmallows, like our original recipe, but they also have pretzels, white chocolate, and candy cane pieces. Oh, YES! The sweet and salty combo is amazing, especially with the refreshing kick of peppermint.
And did I mention they are so pretty? They look like Christmas and are the perfect treat to share with family and friends. They will go CRAZY for them!
How to Make
I love baking lots of cookies during the holidays, but sometimes it’s nice to have an EASY holiday treat in your back pocket. You don’t even have to turn on the oven to make these treats and kids AND adults LOVE them!
Here are a few tips to make sure your Rice Krispie Treats turn out perfectly every time!
- I recommend using a 9×9-inch baking pan so the treats are SUPER thick, but you can use a a 9×13-inch baking pan if you want thinner treats.
- Grease your pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line the pan with parchment paper so you can easily get them out of the pan.
- Measure out all of your ingredients before you get started. Once you get started, the process is quick, so you want to be ready! You need a 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows PLUS two cups, so buy two bags at the store.
- You can chop up the pretzels with a sharp knife, it doesn’t matter if you use stick pretzels or regular. To crush the candy canes, place them in a Ziploc bag and pound with a rolling pin. The kids love helping with this step!
- Melt 16 oz of the marshmallows with the butter, save the two cups of marshmallows for later.
- I only add ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract because it is strong. I think ¼ teaspoon is the perfect amount of peppermint with the candy cane pieces.
- Stir in the cereal and pretzels until well coated and then add the additional marshmallows, white chocolate chips, and candy cane pieces. The white chocolate will melt into the treats and that is ok!
- Lightly press the mixture into the pan, using a greased spatula. You can also lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan.
- I top the treats with extra white chocolate, pretzels, and candy canes because it makes them SUPER pretty.
- For the topping, place white chocolate chips and a little bit of oil in a small bowl. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Don’t over heat the chocolate or it will seize up.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the Rice Krispie Treats. Top with chopped pretzels, crushed candy cane, and flaky sea salt. YUM!
- Let the Rice Krispie Treats set up for about an hour before cutting with a sharp knife.
How to Store
You can keep these bars in an airtight container (or in the pan covered tightly with plastic wrap) for up to three days. I don’t recommend putting the treats in the fridge because they will dry out and turn hard and no one wants that! Chewy, gooey, marshmallowy RKT are the ONLY way to go!
More Easy Holiday Desserts
- Oreo Balls
- Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Puppy Chow
- 3-Ingredient White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- Easy Graham Cracker Toffee