Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies-everyone’s favorite fall cookie! These spiced pumpkin cookies are soft, chewy, and dotted with chocolate chips!
Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I had pumpkin leftover from our Pumpkin Bread and wasn’t about to let it go to waste. I love it when ingredients force you to make something, especially when cookies are involved.
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic and an all-time favorite fall cookie. Everyone LOVES these cookies! As soon as you start seeing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, you know it is fall! It isn’t fall without them!
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin and chocolate are two of my favorite combinations. I can eat a whole loaf of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by myself. Good thing our recipe makes three loaves. I eat one and share the other two loaves:) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies don’t stand a chance against me either. I can’t stop eating them after I start! They are one of my favorite fall cookies!
I love these pumpkin cookies because they are easy to make and are the perfect chocolate chip cookie for fall. The pumpkin addition is SO delicious. The pumpkin makes the cookies super soft and chewy.
The spiced pumpkin cookies are also dotted with sweet chocolate chips! I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but if you are a milk chocolate fan it won’t hurt my feelings if you invite them to the party instead. Do what you gotta do!
Feel free to add in the following ingredients to jazz up your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
- chopped pecans
- chopped walnuts
- dried cranberries
- white chocolate chips
- cinnamon chips
- chocolate chunks
I love playing around with this recipe and all of these additions make a great pumpkin cookie!
Tips for Making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper so the cookies don’t stick to the pan.
- I like to use ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to make the cookies. If you don’t have all of these spices, you can use pumpkin spice.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature.
- Use pure pumpkin puree. You can find pumpkin in the baking aisle. Do not use pumpkin pie mix.
- Don’t over bake the cookies, they will set up as the cool on the baking sheet.
- You don’t need to refrigerate the cookie dough before baking, but you can for up to 24 hours if you need to.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Place the cooled cookies in a container and freeze for up to one month.
Fall isn’t fall without Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, so get baking! We love these cookies and I think you and everyone you share them with will too! That is, IF you decide to share, I won’t judge you if you eat them all by yourself. It’s ok to just love yourself once in awhile and hog all of the cookies!
More Cookie Recipes:
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies